Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My goals for the next 3 months

What is not started today is never finished tomorrow

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I like to set goals for myself and if I make them public. In doing so, I feel I'll put more effort to complete them. When I restarted this blog three months ago, I set several goals for myself. My first goal of the was to write 1 blog post a week on average. That worked out to 17 blog posts in all. I actually posted 21 blog posts in the last 3 months, so I did even better then I had planned.

I also planned to redesign my Blog. While it still isn't professional looking, it is an improvement over the old design. I still have a few revisions I'd like to add but these are small changes that I will make over time.

Next, I planned to finish Strunk and White's Elements of Style and to reach the halfway point in the Self-Paced training kit for the MS Certification Test 70-536. I Finished both of these goals with ease and I've even started on the second half of self paced training kit.

Finally, I wanted to get my Stackoverflow rating op to 300. As of March 1st, it is 369.

As for the next 3 months, I'm going to build on the momentum I already have. I plan to write 20 blog posts in this quarter, starting with this one. Second, I'm going to finish the Self-Paced Training Kit for 70-536. Third, I'm going to finally read Mythical Man Month. Next, I'm going to get my Stackoverflow reputation up to 500. Finally, I'm going to make a contribution of some sort to the Open Source project (or create my own).

This time, I've chosen a more aggressive set of goals. But with all of the previous goals accomplished, I'm ready to tackle a new set of goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment