Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Writing my way to better health

I've made a few references to the PDA that I own. I've found it very handy to use in many places where a laptop is too bulky, like the car or exercise bike. The last six blog posts were either written or edited while on the exercise bike. This is great multitasking that would be difficult to do with a laptop, though there are items out there for this task.

There are a few down sides to working in this fashion. First, because I am spitting my focus between two tasks, one may suffer. I can usually keep a good 10 or 11 mph pace on the bike, but I've found myself going at a more leisurely 8 or 9 mph pace.

Second, the device lacks grammar and spell check. I'm forced to do my best on my own, or hold off checking until I transfer the post to the PC.

The device also lacks internet access so I must wait to do any research or programming until I am on my laptop.

Finally, while the device does its best to translate my chicken scratch hand writing into text, my writing is a bit illegible, especially when on the bike.

Despite these drawbacks, I am getting blog posts done and I'm getting some great exercise while doing it. Given the results, I will deal with drawbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment