Thursday, January 28, 2010

Technical Sources

As a developer. There are many new technological that we encounter from time to time. After several years in the industry, I have found  many good resources to help me get up to speed on anything new.

The first site I recommend is TechRepublic. I found this site back when I was in Desktop Support. While they cater largely to IT people, they do offer articles on Development and Project Management. They cover largely .Net Development, though they do offer some articles on  Java development.

I recently came across another great site called infoq.com. This Site has many in depth articles, video lectures and interviews on a wide variety of development topics. They also have great Customization for their registered users and registration is free.

I follow a large number of blogs. These blogs I've found helpful on a number of occasions. Here is a partial list of my favorites:
  Coding Horror
  Joel on Software
  The Endeavor
  Software by Rob
  Rob Conery's Blog
  Brent Ozar - Too Much Information
  Scott Hanselman's Computer Zen
  Coding4Fun
  10x Software Development

There are a couple of good aggregation sites that often have links to good articles and blog posts. Every so offen, I find a new blos to follow from these sites:
    Reddit.com
    Digg.com
    Hacker News

MSDN has never been one of my favorite sites. The information is often difficult to find, and when I was writing this blog, the site appeared as plain text with very little styling. However, the information on the site is excellent and very helpful (when you can find it). I recommend using Google to search msdn by adding "site: msdn.com" to any of your searches for anything .Net or Microsoft related.

Finally, for ant question development related. I have to recommend Stackoverflow. I've been using this Site to over a year now and I an very pleased with the results I get. The community is great, and it just might be the largest Development community site on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment