Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wishful Thinking

It was wishful thinking for me to think I could accomplish all the goals I set out to do over to months ago. Not in 18 months could I accomplish what I set out to do in 6 months.


In some areas I was successful. For instance. I did read 1 book a quarter. However. I was woefully off target with the number of blogs I posted.


Overall This is how I did:
  • Blog posts: I posted 4 of the planned 26 posts. I've done more posts in the last 3 weeks then the last 18 months. Hopefully, I can keep up with this pace.
  • Source Code: I did not read any software code projects at all.
  • Development Books: I did complete Dreaming in Code, and I've read many other Development books, close to the pace of 1 per quarter.
  • Developer lunches: I had some initial success with this, but the lunches did not last. Many of the people who would show up left the company. Only 1 other person is still working here, but his a DBA Engineer so their isn't much common ground for us to discuss.
  • Release 2 Software projects: I released 1 Software project. But only to Google's Code base. After I uploaded the source code, I have not touched the Code since and only one other person is aware that it exists.


All in all, not a very good showing. Later this week, I plan to announce a more conservative plan for the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment