Thursday, December 17, 2009

ASP.Net MVC and LINQ Tutorials

I was running through several Asp.net MVC and LINQ tutorials when I ran into a problem; part of the code in the tutorial wouldn't compile. After an hour searching, I finally found the solution to the problem. This is fairly widespread, as far as I can tell.

This has occurred b/c these technologies were in beta and the tutorials were written then. Microsoft has made some changes to these frameworks, but some individuals have not made the effort to go back and update their tutorials (I don't mean this as a slam against these authors. There are plenty of reasons why these tutorials don't get updated.)

In an industry such as ours that is ever changing, we need tutorials to teach new technologies in a hands-on fashion. That's why I have started a wiki at

http:\\devtotorials.wikia.com

This is an ad supported site at the moment, but eventually this will be moved to another location once the site has a decent amount of traffic and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment